Training Our Staff
Here in Americare, you will never feel alone…
All employees go through a series of comprehensive training courses structured to enhance your clinical skills, and boost your confidence in providing culturally-sensitive home health nursing care.
Refresh and realign your skills and concepts. It is mandatory for all employees to go through the specified orientation program and annual updates per discipline.
General Orientation Courses
- Cultural Sensitivity
- International Patient Safety Goals
- Fire Safety
- Infection Control
- Handling Untoward Circumstances at Home
Nursing Service Orientation/Competency Courses
- Safe Transfer Techniques and Proper Body Mechanics
- Handling Communication Barriers/ Therapeutic Communication
- Nursing Documentation Workshops
- Medication Administration
- Wound Care
- IV Therapy
- Handling Diabetic Patients at Home
- Handling Pediatric Patients at Home
- Care of Patients with Tubes and Devices
- Care of Patients with Speech Problems
- This program is designed to ensure patient safety and provide real time orientation into the world of homecare in the UAE.
- The program enhances the in-house clinical learning experiences by providing structured information in all basic areas of homecare and cultural awareness.
- Preceptors serve as educators, leaders, facilitators, nurturers, protectors, and role models to both new and established nurses of AHHS.
AHA Certified Course – Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (free for all nurses)
Specialty Training Courses (free for all focus team members)
- Wound Care Team
- Diabetes Management Team
- Infection Control Team
- Pediatric Nursing Team
- IV Therapy Team
- Preceptors Team
“Americare Home Health Service Training Program allowed me to overcome my fears as I ventured into a new career and in a new environment. It intensified my confidence to confront the challenges of this unique profession.” – Ryan Mark Rebeca – AHHS staff nurse
“I was not expecting that home care nursing experience would be this well-defined and organized. I never regret embracing this field as it nurtured not only my hands but also my heart. I didn’t expect that I had it in me, genuine, compassionate caring.” – Kathleen Paula Sarmiento – AHHS staff nurse